1. Preheat oven to 275 F and line two (2) rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil. Whisk in maple syrup, vanilla extract. Remove from heat. *Reserve 2 tbsp of this liquid*
3. In the large mixing bowl add the oats, the nuts and seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Spread the mixture on one of the baking sheets into a single layer.
5. Bake on the center rack for 30-40 minutes, or until the granola is lightly golden in color. If you're not sure, you can take out a spoonful, let cool for a minute and taste.
6. (in the last 10 minutes) Mix the coconut flakes in the same large bowl. Mix in the reserved 2 tbsp of the coconut oil liquid. Spread it on the second baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes until the coconut flakes are turning golden, but not completely brown.
7. Remove the two baking sheets and let them cool without stirring (this ensures chunky granola). Once cool, mix the two together. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
1. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, over low heat, place a lid on it, let it warm for 10 minutes before serving