Why we love it
This recipe is loaded with health boosting ingredients. Kuzu's major benefit is on the digestive tract. Kuzu helps heal the gut lining and calm any digestive disruption. Agar agar is derived from seaweed and acts in a similar way to gelatin, is another great remedy for gut health, a great source of fiber, and high in calcium. Raw cacao is high in magnesium which helps to boost mood, energy, and focus.
And, of course, adaptogens. So, really, this might be the healthiest pudding out there.
Makes: 2 cups (~2-4 servings)
2 tablespoon kuzu starch
1 tsp agar agar flakes (or powder)
2 cups warm milk, whatever is your favorite
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp of spices of your choosing (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cayenne)
small pinch of salt
2-4 tbsp maple syrup, depending on preference
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Goldmine
Optional: chia seeds, raw cacao nibs, sesame seeds, maldon salt to garnish
1. In a medium saucepan warm the 2 cups of milk (not boiling).
2. In a small bowl mix the kuzu and agar agar with 2 tbsp of water. Mix until it's a smooth paste.
3. In a blender add the warm milk, cacao powder, spices, sweetener, vanilla extract, and kuzu-agar agar mixture. Blend for 60 second on low working up to high speed.
4. Pour contents back into the saucepan. Whisk frequently while you bring it to a simmer. Once it's come to a simmer, maybe 5 minutes, it should be getting thicker. Whisk constantly at this point and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and pour the pudding into your container of choice. Stir in chia seeds if you like. And, place in the fridge to let it set for at least an hour.
6. Before serving, garnish with raw cacao nibs and any other toppings of choice!
Make a double batch, you won't be disappointed 👌🏽